Pages

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Flying High With Broken Wings


     There are days when the universe cooperates and life goes smoothly. Everything is just as it suppose to be. Naturally, there are also days when everything goes up the hill. The simplest of task seems impossible. On these days I want to give up.


     Things happen in life, from a bad hair day and feeling fat, to broken heart by the love of your live or sick child. Sometimes these things are so heavy that going on is almost impossible. I have these days right now. All I want to do is hibernate. How fabulous would be to wake up in the spring when all the bad stuff passed already and smell the roses. Unfortunately, the reality is I need to deal with whatever is on my hands. This time on my hands is a big pile of poo.

     It is not pretty, nor is it glamorous. In fact it is quite unpleasant to be honest. However, a girl gotta do what a girl gotta do. Even if I can think of a billion other things that I would rather do right now. This is shitty period and no amount of whining will make it less horrible. Nor there is a way not to deal with the stuff. I figured out that I will make the most dreaded of task first. If I do it first, then the rest of the day will be easier. To help, additionally I make a countdown, I have to fight until December   11th. So, that means 41 days. By looking at the numbers in my calendar going lower and lower I know, this is the period I need to survive. Only 41 days. The good news - tomorrow will be 40. This helps the mind to deal with the ugly as I know it will end at some point. I just have to take a day at a time and I know day ZERO will come. The wine is chilling in the fridge for that day...

Every girl deserves reward after hard work. Cheers to working girls !!!

I would love to hear from you. Let me know how do you do with stuff that are unpleasant to deal with? Do you move forward or procrastinate? Please comment below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment