Pages

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Money Matters


     Every girl should have some money aside. We all know that but it is easier said then done. There are couple of reasons why saving money it not easy. First of all, there must be enough of pay to save from. Second, even if you put $100 a month in a saving account by the end of the year you have $1200. Not exactly rich, right? Not surprising that if you double the amount still not much improvement. Not the best way to become financially independent. So what is a girl to do? Go and party? Not exactly. It is ALWAYS better to have even $500 then nothing in your account - just in case. But this is not a way to increase your net worth.

     I can save only this little, and it seems hopeless so I started to read everywhere I could find anything about the financial information I could. Here is what I found out I could do. I will invest this money. That is the only thing that makes sense right now for me. If I lose it all that was not a fortune anyway. It seems as more money you accumulate the safer should be investing. Also, most of these advisers strongly suggests to buy your home. I like that idea a lot. Nevertheless, I must say that there are others that are saying that owning your home doesn't make financial sense. I may be conservative, but I am one of these girls that like to know that the roof over my head belongs to me. It's not easy to be moving around with all these dresses.

    Lastly, I would like to add, from my own personal experience. A girl gotta have the "f*ck you money." We get into relationships, and at the beginning everything is perfect. Isn't that always the case? As soon as we are crossing new time marks the relationship may become less rosy. If you moved in together and things go sour, at least you are not hostage to finances. You can move out on your own whenever you please.

     Do you know how much is your Net Worth? If you never calculated it, do it now. Are you happy with what you see? Whatever the number is, that is only a beginning. Every girl should go up and up. I know, that 2015 will be a year of building my Net worth. I would love to be worth 100K in 5 years.
What are your financial goals? Do you have any? If not, perhaps time to start to think about it.
I would love to hear from you. How do you save money? Do you have financial goals?
   

1 comment: